<body>

Friday, September 24, 2004

*[[ Mooncake contest ]]*

Our company recreation club has organised a mooncake contest. I got signed up by my colleague who belongs to the recreation club member.


They had lanterns hanging in the office and our caucasian thought that we are having a Chinese New Year celebration.


There were four of us in the team and we agreed upon wearing red for the contest.


Lunch were provided for the contestants and we had laksi lemak.


*Our team having lunch*



*The theme*

Posted by Hello


We made grass and blue sea using paper earlier. Janet brought two biscuit train tins and cute mould designs from home. Andrea also brought some minature toys to add into it.


*The cute moulds*

Posted by Hello


There were 5 teams altogether. The contest started around 12.30pm and we had one hour to go. I helped to roll the dough, rolled the paste inside the dough, placed and took out from the mould. There were two rabbits, three seashells and fishes out from the mould. Andrea was clever enough to think of taking some kind of sticky black traditional sweet from the pantry to make the rabbit's eyes.


One of the director's group actually put red coloring on a few pieces of small flat dough and it looks more like ang ku kway instead. heheheh


We were thinking of a team name and I just replied abruptly,"F4" aka the female four. hahahah


To decide who to do the presentation, Andrea suggested using the traditional way of using the back front palm guess method.(The o ah bei ah song) Andrea pretended to ask the rest to show the back palm side, and I was stupid enough to follow suit and of course, they all showed the front side! Damn, what was I thinking of!


But when it was time to present, I was stunned as I could not think of anything to say when I saw our product. Nothing could come out of my mouth and luckily Andrea managed to present it.


The judges then went around the teams after the presentation and reviewed all the mooncakes. They only cut the mooncakes into half and checked the paste inside. Nobody actually dare to taste them ... probably afraid of stomach upset. hehehe


*Our product*

Posted by Hello


*The first prize, very nice and traditional presentation*


Posted by Hello


This was one of the designs that I like. They cut up a cabbage into tiny pieces to make the base.


*The third prize*

Posted by Hello


*The fourth prize*

Posted by Hello

*The fifth prize*

Posted by Hello


Our prize was a can of cola that contains 20 lollipops in it.


*Our prize*

Posted by Hello


No matter first prize or what, the process was fun. I enjoyed it.


*Another way to promote our product*



*Imitating William Hung*



*The only mooncakes that everyone dare to eat as this was purchased*


Posted by Hello


*Our frozen mooncakes*

Posted by Hello


We had a meeting with our boss who is in Hongkong, he was supposingly to give us some good news. Everyone was really excited over it.


It was about the seating plan. When he showed us the seating plan, all of us were pretty shocked as we are going to be scatter into two groups. I will remain where I am but Dennis and Andrea got to relocate to two different places.


Anyway, I took a picture of my seat when the rest was away from a meeting.


*My seat*



*THOUGHT OF THE DAY*


Posted by Hello


Maybe I should learn to be more vocal.


I am feeling tired (because it's 3:20am) but relax as it is Saturday.

That's all, folks! ^_^

Comments: Post a Comment

~*All about me*~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*Star Sign*
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*MSN(not for email usage)*
jodyong@hotmail.com

"What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." -- Napolean Hill

~*Archives*~

August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006

~*Blogs of doggies*~

My family dog - Pepper Neo
My family dog - Keira Neo
Huskii
Dogs in San Francisco
Dogs in Bangkok

~*My friends*~

Alvin & Robina
Berdley Choong
Clara
Donald Ang
Gegory
JoJo Tan
Micheal Tan
Michelle Low
Ah Tom
Lynette
Sally Tan

~*Other bloggers*~

Clie Pan

Chnadoll221
Xialanxue

Blackhighheels
Elaine
kennysia
Lim Buey Tor
Mr Brown
Poi Poi
Sofi Chan
Dawn Yeo

~*Tagboard*~

*~Thanks To~*

blogskins
dynamic drive

*~Links~*

Action For Singapore Dogs
Asia One
Designer Luxury
Doggiesite
Dogster
F&E Miniature Schnauzer
Famous Inventions
PETA
Mod the Sims
Background Audio Tool
Smilely galleries
Color codes for your site

*~ Beauty/Fashion Sections ~*

Abercrombie
America Eagle
Bobbibrowncosmetics
Forever21
Gap
Maccosmetics
Flowerpod
I Do - For Bridal Needs
Kose
Korean hair gallery
Singapore Brides

Web Tracker

<bgsound src="http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/pepperneo" loop=false>