<body>

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

*[[ Why I MIA? ]]*

Many has asked me what I had been doing for the past few 3 months during the time that I stopped blogging.


Beside busy welcoming Summer, I was real busy with doing fostering for other unexpected dogs that came along my way ... abused and dogs whose future are undetermined.


I fostered for 3 dogs in total during that short period and I couldn't have do it if not for the support that Garrie provided. For some reason, I think he has been more open-minded since he left the force. He used to say a strict NO before to fostering and a companion for Pepper.


The Story of Kyle, the Minature Schnauzer.
Firstly, let me bring you guys with the story of Kyle, a Minature schnauzer (MS) that was being abused. The most heartache dog out of the 3.


After I adopted Summer, I managed to get a fosterer through Sha to get Kyle out of the house. I has asked Sha to explain to her the whole situation that we don't know how is the temperamental of the MS like or whether it might be aggressive due to the abuse. With assurance from the fosterer that she can handle the MS as she claimed that she has handled an abused MS before and nursed it back to health then up for adoption, I told EL that we could get Kyle out then.


However on the day of the collection itself, she brought up a concern asking whether the dog got any problems? WTF? At this last minute when we finally convinced the owner to let go of the dog? The owner now has threatened saying that if nobody picks up the MS at that day, she would send it to the SPCA. Damn it!


The stupid fosterer backed out. I felt sorry for Kyle and called Garrie to explain to him the situation. Luckily he was very understanding and drove back to home (he was having dinner with his colleagues at that time) and picked up Sha as well with a huge carrier. That's in case should Kyle is aggressive.


Sha and I entered the house and saw the skinny shaved down Kyle barking in a corner with a choke-chain on it. The owners were so eager to let us get him out and kept shrugging off saying they had no time for the dog.


Unknown of the age nor name, we left the house. Was he given a name at the first place or does the owner even know how old it was? We took Kyle downstairs for a walk first. Garrie was shocked at what he saw and said "how could someone do such thing to a dog?" I broke down into tears after that. Kyle was so skinny to the ribs, had very bad decayed teeth and his nails were even longer than a witch! (Thanks to Sha who gave him a nail cut!) Taking off his choke chain, we left Bishan.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


After a grooming session the next day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Despite all that, Kyle does not show any sign of aggressiveness. In fact he is a very sweet boy. Everything surrounding him seems new to him. The poor boy was really badly starved. He gobbled up his kibbles in seconds.


Kyle, a named given by El was fostered by her sister. In the end, the brother got attached to Kyle and they decided to keep him in the end. Garrie and I visited him about few weeks back. We felt so happy for him seeing him showered with so much care and love. He was so fat and was busying disturbing other dogs.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


~ Look how fat he has grown!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Just when we thought that, the story ends with a closing of "he lives happily after ..." He was down with kidney failure about two weeks back. He vomited and urine was colorless. With the type of food and treatment he got during the three years, his health was not in good condition.


He is still not free as I thought...


The story of Professor, the mongrel.

Professor was found whining loudly pleading for help inside one of the construction sites where EL found him. He had a raffia string with bells tied to him. He could be either abandoned or someone might has just been feeding him around the area. El could not bring him to the shelter as it was closed at night. Her husband is not a big fan of dogs and forbids her from bringing in. Thus, with the approval of Garrie, I fostered Professor for a few days.


Professor is indeed very smart as his name implies. He was at one of my rooms with newspapers spread out at a corner. After about 2 or 3 days, I let him out to mix with my gals. After remembering that I forgot to spread out the pile of newspaper in the living room, I went towards the newspapers and was amazed at what I saw. Professor has climbed on top of the pile of newspapers to pee and poo on it!


El brought Professor to her friend's house for fostering. Eventually, she loves Professor so much and adopted him later. He is so lucky as he has a big garden to run and other dogs to play with too.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's all, folks! ^_^

Comments: Post a Comment

~*All about me*~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*Star Sign*
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*MSN(not for email usage)*
jodyong@hotmail.com

"What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." -- Napolean Hill

~*Archives*~

August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006

~*Blogs of doggies*~

My family dog - Pepper Neo
My family dog - Keira Neo
Huskii
Dogs in San Francisco
Dogs in Bangkok

~*My friends*~

Alvin & Robina
Berdley Choong
Clara
Donald Ang
Gegory
JoJo Tan
Micheal Tan
Michelle Low
Ah Tom
Lynette
Sally Tan

~*Other bloggers*~

Clie Pan

Chnadoll221
Xialanxue

Blackhighheels
Elaine
kennysia
Lim Buey Tor
Mr Brown
Poi Poi
Sofi Chan
Dawn Yeo

~*Tagboard*~

*~Thanks To~*

blogskins
dynamic drive

*~Links~*

Action For Singapore Dogs
Asia One
Designer Luxury
Doggiesite
Dogster
F&E Miniature Schnauzer
Famous Inventions
PETA
Mod the Sims
Background Audio Tool
Smilely galleries
Color codes for your site

*~ Beauty/Fashion Sections ~*

Abercrombie
America Eagle
Bobbibrowncosmetics
Forever21
Gap
Maccosmetics
Flowerpod
I Do - For Bridal Needs
Kose
Korean hair gallery
Singapore Brides

Web Tracker

<bgsound src="http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/pepperneo" loop=false>